This case is raising funds for its stretch target. Your pledge will be collected within the next 24-48 hours (and it only takes two minutes to pledge!)
Latest: Nov. 20, 2019
The case begins...!
Thanks to all our wonderful supporters, we have now passed the important initial target set at £5,000 which means our legal team can begin the case. They will seek specialist QC advice before...Read more
- To begin our legal challenge against Mendip District Council for breach of public procurement legislation
- To continue our campaign for full disclosure of the developer's agreement
- To stop Saxonvale being turned into a giant housing estate
- To replace the Nash scheme with a new plan based upon community-led, sustainable architecture, well-living and place-making principles
- To safeguard Frome's entrepreneurial vibe and independent retail sector
- To defend the Merchant's Barton from demolition
- To put in place protections for the listed building cluster and the Silk Mill
Our first Mayday Saxonvale campaign in October raised fundamental questions about Acorn's Saxonvale development but the District Council are still withholding important information in the public interest.
No-one wants to stop or hold up the regeneration of Saxonvale but such an important development in the public sector MUST be shown to have a proper legal foundation. Our campaign will carry on until we have the answers
What Do We Know?
- The Nash Partnership scheme breaches the Local Plan and the three golden threads of the Neighbourhood Plan, Vitality, Participation, Sustainability.
- The bidding round to buy the site and the contract with Acorn was done in complete secrecy.
- Evidence reviewed by legal experts has concluded Mendip District Council may well have acted illegally in the appointment of these developers.
- At least 8 out of Frome's 11 District Councillors have signed non-disclosure agreements and cannot speak out in public about Acorn's agreement.
- Other Councillors and Officers have signed the Non-Disclosure Agreement but we do not know how many.
- The developer's contract has never been disclosed and is one of the most protected documents in the District Council.
During our first campaign, we agreed to hold meetings with both Mendip District Council AND Frome Town Council. Nothing has changed because our politicians are not at liberty to speak out. They are unwilling to rock the boat and ask questions that should be asked.
Does Frome want Saxonvale to be developed AT ALL COSTS even if laws protecting the public interest have been broken?
THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING OUR CAMPAIGN FOR FULL DISCLOSURE OF THE DEVELOPER'S AGREEMENT AND A SUSTAINABLE PLAN FOR SAXONVALE!
Find out more:
Be a promoter
Your share on Facebook could raise £26 for the caseI'll share on Facebook
Nov. 20, 2019
The case begins...!
Thanks to all our wonderful supporters, we have now passed the important initial target set at £5,000 which means our legal team can begin the case. They will seek specialist QC advice before sending out the pre-protocol letter which is the first stage of the judicial review process. The Mayday campaign will now remain on the CrowdJustice site until the stretch target is reached and refresh every 30 days. We are planning an exciting fundraising event soon - details to be announced!
Nov. 14, 2019
Mayday Saxonvale - Alternative Futures event at the Silk Mill, Frome
Mayday Saxonvale - Alternative Futures a preview film about the event.
5.30-7pm. THREE speakers, TWO refreshments (wine & cacao), ONE aim...
at the Silk Mill, Frome BA11 1PT
There are no public comments on this case page.