Effective Date: January 12, 2017
Last Updated Date: August 24, 2017
1. Information we collect
In order for you to use the CrowdJustice site, we need to collect and process certain information, including Personal Information. “Personal Information” means information that, alone or when in combination with other information, may be used to readily identify, contact, or locate you, such as: name, address, email address, phone number, or birthday. We do not consider Personal Information to include information that has been anonymized so that it does not allow a third party to easily identify a specific individual.
Depending on your use of the site, the Personal Information we collect may include:
- information that you provide by completing forms on the site, such as your name, email address, phone number, and country of residence, and any information or material you upload or submit on the site;
- details of any requests or transactions you make through the site, including information such as your credit card number;
- information about your activity on and interaction with the site, such as your IP address and the device or browser you use; or
- communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem).
2. How we use your information
Internal and Service-Related Usage. We use information, including Personal Information, for internal and service-related purposes only and may provide it to third parties to allow us to facilitate the Site. We may use and retain any data we collect to provide and improve our services.
Marketing. We use this information to offer you crowdfunding related products and services that we think will be of interest to you. You may opt out of this at any time by contacting us at the address below.
Aggregate Data. We may use aggregate information and statistics for the purposes of monitoring service usage in order to help us develop the websites and our service and may provide such anonymized aggregate information to third parties for example content partners and advertisers. These statistics will not include information that can be used to identify you.
Communications. We may send email to the email address you provide to us to verify your account and for informational and operational purposes, such as account management, customer service, or system maintenance.
When you visit the Site, we and our third-party service providers receive and record information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, and from cookies and similar technology. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors' computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies. However, if you do that, the Site may not work properly.
By using the Site, you are authorizing us to gather, parse, and retain data related to the provision of the Site.
3. What's private
Your Personal information is protected at all times unless you choose to share it or we are required to share it comply with our legal obligations. Data we will not publicly display or reveal to other users includes:
- any payment information you provide (only Stripe, our payment provider, sees your payment details; CrowdJustice does not see and does not hold your card details)
- your IP address;
- for Case Owners, your email address and physical address or ZIP code;
- for Backers, your name, email address, ZIP code, and other contact information (except where permissibly provided to Case Owners in accordance with this policy)
4. Information that is shared with third parties and Case Owners
There are some limited circumstances in which we may pass your information to third parties:
- To employees or partners who need information to assist with any questions that you may have regarding the Site and to allow us to provide our services;
- To organizations involved in the processing of donations;
- To satisfy our regulatory, legal or compliance obligations.
Information that’s shared with Case Owners:
- As a Backer, we may disclose your name to Case Owners that you have supported;
- When the Case Owner you have supported is a charity, we may disclose your name, address and email contact details, and the amount you pledged, so that the charity can provide a tax receipt in relation to your donation. You may also opt in to receiving further marketing communications directly from the charity.
CrowdJustice accepts no responsibility in relation to communications that Case Owners send to Backers via the Site or for any communications between users of the Site outside of the Site.
We will never sell your personal information.
Social Networking and Other Websites. The Site may allow you to share information, including Personal Information, with third party social networking websites, such as Facebook. We do not share your Personal Information with other websites without your consent. CrowdJustice is not responsible for third party sites' use of information, which will be governed by their own privacy policies. You may be able to modify your privacy settings on their websites.
Permission. We may also disclose your Personal Information with your permission.
5. Emails from us
We try to keep emails to a minimum, and we give you the ability to opt out of receiving most emails. We will send you email relating to your personal transactions. You may also receive certain email notifications and marketing emails. We may send you service-related announcements on the rare occasions when it is necessary to do so.
6. Security of your information
By using the Site or providing Personal Information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Site. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Site or sending an e-mail to you. You may have a legal right to receive this notice in writing. To receive free written notice of a security breach (or to withdraw your consent from receiving electronic notice), please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
7. Children's privacy
We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use Personal Information from children under 13 years of age, and no part of the Site is directed to children under the age of 13. If you learn that your child has provided us with Personal Information without your consent, you may alert us at email@example.com. If we learn that we have collected any Personal Information from children under 13, we will promptly take steps to delete such information and terminate the child’s account.
9. Contact us
To modify or delete the personal information you have provided to us, or if you have questions or suggestions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
On request, we will give you a copy of all the personal information about you that we hold. This information is subject to a fee not exceeding the prescribed fee permitted by law.